Japan Tobacco Releases 2020 Earnings Report
On February 09, 2021, Japan Tobacco, the maker of Ploom, released its 2020 Earnings Report.
- Compared to the previous fiscal year, revenue decreased by 3.8%
- Compared to the previous fiscal year, operating profit decreased by 6.6%
- The company forecasts a revenue decrease of 0.6% in 2021
- The company forecasts an operating profit decrease of 22.6% in 2021
- President and CEO of JT Group, Masamichi Terabatake, reported that Japan Tobacco will be releasing “a next generation device for heated tobacco sticks […] early in the second half of this year.” He confirmed that the device would first be launched in Japan, then later in “Russia and other international markets.”